I want to correct minor shifting from my wisdom teeth removal. Would I Qualify for Invisalign Express? (photo)

I am a teacher, therefore I'm on a budget but still want to correct minor shifting from my wisdom teeth. All four wisdom wisdom teeth were removed last year and it obviously didn't help the others shift back any. I wanted to know if the bottom front and top front teeth could shift back within 10 Invisalign trays. I've recently seen a coupon for Invisalign and coupled with the lower cost of Invisalign Express, this could work within my budget! Any idea of Invisalign Express cost in NC?

Express

+1

only after you get scaned in can we tell how many trays you will need. i feel by photos you might need more than 10 for a reallly good result. get to an orthodontist and fine out for sure good luck

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign Express

+1

The final word will be the clincheck - which is the digitized simulation of your teeth from start to finish incorporating movements that Invisalign aligners can provide.  If your goals can be met in 10 aligners or less, then you'll be a candidate.  If you require that to be the case, then your dentist can set up the simulation to stop at 10 aligners and you'll get what you get.  Based on the photos a good correction can be expected in 10 aligners but an ideal result will take longer.  Once you see the simulation, you'll be able to make a decision if that will be an acceptable result or not. 

Carlo Biasucci, DDS
Ontario Cosmetic Dentist

Good case for invisalign Express 10

+1

Based on your photos, you should be a good candidate for invisalign Express 10 which includes up to 10 trays and 3 minor detailing aligners.  Once molds of your teeth are submitted to invisalign by your dentist, you'll know exactly how many trays will be needed and what the treatment outcome will look like.  You should act soon though or your teeth will likely continue to get more crowded.  Good luck!

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express vs. Standard Invisalign

+1

Invisalign has been around since 1998. During those 14 years, Align (the maker of Invisalign) has learned a lot about how fast teeth can be successfully moved an the sequence for doing so. It is almost impossible to predict how many aligners will be required to correct a specific malocclusion. In my experience, only the easiest cases can be treated with 10 aligners or less. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of patients I've treated in the past 14 years that had less than 10 aligners. As long as you're going to do it, do it right and don't let a coupon determine your treatment plan! Good luck...

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist

INVISALIGN EXPRESS

+1

As the others have mentioned, your dentist can submit your case for review and they create a CLIN-CHECK which will give a guesstimate of where the teeth will line up after ten trays. If you think that is enough movement, you can do it. You would need to pay for any additional movement you wished for. EXPRESS is limited on the benefits, therefore it is a little less expense. You only get about .1mm movement per tray, so if you need more than a millimeter change, it might not be ideal for you.  If you are a 'relapse case' and had braces in the past but didn't wear retainers, then you would have a better chance of doing express, because we already know there is room and your teeth fit into the arch form.

INVISIALGN EXPRESS is a less expensive form of INVISALIGN and because of that is limited to the number of trays and what results can be expected. Typically used for people who had braces in the past, or only need limited changes.

Randall LaFrom, DDS
San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

How to Qualify for Invisalign Express

+1

Your dentist can submit your case for "Express", and then see how the "Clin-Chek" looks. Invisalign will show in graphic detail exactly what can or cannot be accomplished. If YOU AND YOUR DENTIST AGREE that you will be satisfied, then, and only then, will he give them the go-ahead to manufacture your aligners. If you or he are NOT satisfied with the Clin-Chek, then it can be resubmitted as regular Invisalign.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist