Do I Qualify for Free Breast Reduction and Brachioplasty?

I Currently have breast implants DD, weight over 170 lbs and my height is 5'3. I was enjoying my student life until the day of my pedestrian accident on March 2011. Now I have tremendous problems in my back that cannot continue. MRI says that I have herniated discs, bulging discs in my neck, pain with left leg since my nerve is being pinched by the hernias. I can't handle this situation any longer and need to remove weight to help my back. What should I do? I have no money I'm just a student.

Breast Implants Removal & Back Problems

+1

I am sorry that you had to suffer from your accident.

Reducing the size of your implants will not help you recover from your back problems. What could help you greatly at this point is to loose weight and be within your normal BMI range. Currently with a BMI of 31, you should be shooting for a weight of 125-135 lbs to be within the healthy BMI range.

As for breast reduction and brachioplasty, I encourage you to contact the insurance company that is involved in covering the accident to obtain the coverage policy.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast reduction and brachioplasty

+1

It is always best to get down to a healthy weight before undergoing surgery.  This may help withyour issues.  As for the breast reduction,a full evaluation and proper documentation may help get this aprpoved through insurance.  A brachiopaslty is not a covered procedure.

Back problems

+1

You need to loose weight and get to your ideal body weight first.

Removing the breast implants will not treat your herniated disc pain and the pinched nerve in the neck and back. onece you are at your ideal weight reevaluate, and treat your back problems

Breast Reduction Surgery and not Happy?

+1

Based on your description you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery; for  physical and emotional reasons.  Brachioplasty surgery is normally not covered by insurance.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.
Good luck!