Would I Qualify for Breast Reduction for Free, and Whats the Process?

I'm 19 years old. Full time college student in New York. I am 5'1. My bra size is 40DD. I been having a lot of back, neck, shoulder, aches. I already have my bra strap marked on my shoulders. I was just wondering is it possible for me to qualify for breast reduction without having to pay much or even anything with Blue cross insurance, which I was added onto with someone who already has it with their company?

Breast reduction and insurance

+1

Thank you for the question. The insurance company should be able to answer your question. You should first check if the breast reduction procedure is a covered procedure under your policy. If it is then the next step is to see a plastic surgeon for a consultation and submit a request for authorization for surgery. I hope this helps.

Breast Reduction and Insurance Coverage?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 

You will need to check with your insurance company directly to see whether your policy covers this operation. They will also be able to tell you whether you will have any direct responsibility/expenses if you choose to undergo this procedure.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.

This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.