Training Required to Inject Botox?

I am a qualified skin care therapist and tutor, who now would like to move into appearance medicine ( botox, restylane etc ) what training do I need to enable me to embark on a new career.

Training necessary to inject Botox

+2

Thanks for the question.

I train hundreds of clinicians annually throughout the United States. The requisite training necessary to legally administer injectables varies from state to state. At minimum, you must be a nurse as far as I am aware. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Web reference: http://www.BeverlyHillsCosmeticSurgeon.com

Training for Botox

+2

In the US aestheticians are not allowed to inject Botox. This is something that is taught to plastic surgery residents in the program that I work with.

Training Required to Inject Botox

+1

Each state has different guidelines on who can admnister botox. You will need to check with the medical board of your state for clarification of its guidelines. Your background does not suggest that you would be legally allowed to inject botox or dermal fillers in Florida.

Scope of practice for am Aesthietic Skin Are professionl

+1

You should really check on the state regulations as well as your licences pto discover the scope of your practice.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

Botox injection therapy may not be appropriate for non-physicians

+1

Botox injection therapy may not be appropriate for non-physicians. As with any medication botox should be administered by educated physicians although in some cases it may be injected by a technician under a physican's care. Nevertheless, a technician will not have the knowledge skills of a qualified physician.

Chicago Dermatologist

Who can inject Botox

+1

The legal level of training for Botox injections depends on individual state regulations and typically requires physician (MD or DO) supervision. Be careful, as getting involved with injections without proper training may lead to increased legal exposure for your skin therapy practice.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.