Using Qtip to Clean Nose Ok?

hello i'm 14 weeks post op rhino and was wondering if it is okay to use a qtip to clean your nose? and also is there any way that cleaning the inside of your nose with the qtip could damage the result in any way? thanks much...

Q-Tip use after a Rhinoplasty

+2

You may advance the Q-tip into the nose as far as the cotton on the tip, but no farther. I generally try to use Salene as much as possible to clean the nose post Rhinoplasty.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Q-tips To Clean The Nose After Surgery

+1

Dear Babygirl,

Using Q-tips is helpful but should not be inserted deep into the nose because you will risk tempering with a delicate nose since you are almost three months post surgery.

When cleaning, be gentle and focus on the base of your nose.

Thank you for your question and best of wishes.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Using Q-tips to clean the nose following rhinoplasty.

+1

Q-tips are a good accessory to assist in cleaning the nostrils and base of the nose following rhinoplasty but should not be inserted deep into the nasal cavities. 

Mario j. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Q-tip to Clean Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

I never instruct my patients to use Q-tips to clean their nose after rhinoplasty. The only time a Q-tip is used is to apply ointment on the tip incisions immediately after surgery. At 14 weeks you can use a nasal spray and blow your nose.

Are Qtips ok to clean the nose.

+1

Gentle cleaning at the nostril edge with Qtips is ok, but definitely not deep inside. Use nasal saline spray for this purpose.  Also, you may ask your physician to help you with cleaning the inside of the nose during your next visit if it continues to bother you.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Clean Nose

+1

I agree with Dr. Palmer: Never use Q-tips after a rhinoplasty.  Use nasal saline spray or drops and always call your doctor with any health questions.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Qtip to Clean Nose Ok?

+1

I personally ask all my Rhinoplasty patients to never use Q tips on the inside of their noses.  It can cause nasal bleeding.  I have my Rhinoplasty patients use saline nasal spray inside the nose to keep it clean.