Is Qswitch Safe and Effective? What All Does It Do?

I want to learn about the Qswitch laser treatment, what it can accomplish, how safe it is and if any adverse reactions are reported?

Qswitch Lasers

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many types of Qswitched lasers, and each can be very effective if the proper energy, pulse width, and wavelength are selected, and of course the appropriate target and an evaluation of the right candidate. They are used for pigmented lesions, tattoo removal, and sometimes melasma. Most important is the provider who is doing your treatment.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Q-switched laser

+1

A q-switched laser puts out a short pulse of high energy laser light. Typically in practice these devices are used for tattoo removal and pigment removal. The laser is safe and effective in experienced hands but could cause complications in the wrong hands.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon