I Had a Q Switch Laser Recently. Want to Know How Soon My Freckles Will Vanish. Also my Skin Looks Rough and Bruised.

I dont have fair complexion and had a subsicion for scaring too. I am scared what if it didnt help my freckles to vanish?

Freckles after laser should disappear in about 10 days

+3

The typical post-procedural course is as follow for a Q-switched laser on freckles:

Immediately after the treatment for 5-20min the spot will turn frosty white.  This will fade and then turn into something like a mosquito bite which will persist for 1-2 days.  Afterward, the brown freckle will become darker, even black.  It will look like a scab, but feel like normal skin.  At about the 6-10day mark the black freckle will sort of come out of the skin and sit on top like a paper thin scab.  DO NOT PICK IT.  It will fall off around 10days after the procedure.  The spot may be pink which will then fade to normal skin color.  I always tell patients that for a given freckle I can remove it in one treatment about 80% of the time.

Depending on the type of QS laser, you may have some bruising.  I am not sure what you mean by rough, but that might be the slightly swollen spots or the crusts coming out.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Q-switched Ruby, alexandrite and NeodyniumYag laser for brown spots

+2

Usually there is slight scabbing for a week to two depending where on the body the treatment is delivered, with these lasers for brown spot lightening. In a two week to three week period they start to look lighter and retreatment is often done four to six weeks later one or more times. During the healing you must keep the areas out of sun exposure and after the wounds have healed using sunblock is very important!!!

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/laser-skin-resurfacing/index.html