Nose looks worse 4 months after rhinoplasty. Will it improve or should I get a revision? (Photo)

I’m four months post-op after having an open rhinoplasty. Unfortunately my nose tip/frontal view isn’t an improvement at all. It looks puffier, uneven, and the nostril on the right shows more. My nose feels normal so I would think there is no more swelling. Is there any chance for a big improvement to happen in the next eight months or should I seriously consider getting a revision?

Rhinoplasty results after 4 months

+1
There is usually still swelling in the nose after 4 months from rhinoplasty. The amount of swelling at this stage depends a bit on whether your original surgery was an open or closed procedure. Also, if more work was done you'd likely have more swelling as well.

Either way, it's a bit early to do a revision at this stage as you wouldn't want to prematurely do a revision when your nose is still evolving.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1
Generally it takes a year for all the changes that can occur to occur following a rhinoplasty.  If at the end of a year you are still unhappy communicate that to your surgeon or get a second opinion

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative swilling

+1
You still have a good amount of swelling and the type of skin that you have may retain the swelling for a long time. One way to speed up the resolution of swelling and the scar tissues is injection of small of cortisone, if you surgeon agrees and is comfortable doing it.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon