What if Chemosis Doesn't Settle Down?

After 14 months after having an upper and lower Bleph, I am still getting chemosis. All my Dr says is to use drops, warm cloths on eyes...that will melt it away (makes them worse) and ointment (doesn't work either). I have a few good days but very few and far inbetween. Is there an Dr honest enough out there that will say that they have had a case like mine and that yes it will go away. I have no complaints with my physical appearance. Done with the feeling of swollen and glossy eyes.

Chemosis that is chronic

+2

Chronic chemosis is tough to deal with. Some surgeons wil incise the conjunctiva to aid in settling down the swelling. I would go to an oculoplastic specialist.

Chronic chemosis

+2

Chemosis is common after any eyelid/eye surgery and it is usually transient, lasting days.  Chronic chemosis is more resistant to therapy and it may be due to underlying conjunctivachalasis (loose extra conjunctiva).  In these cases, the excess conjunctiva can be trimmed/excised in the office under local anesthesia to alleviate the chronic chemosis.  The procedure is not commonly discussed but you can find more information on my website.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon