Does Putting Pressure on Dorsal Hump Make It Permanently Bigger? (photo)

I put a lot of pressure on the dorsal hump of my nose to try and make it smaller and to flatten the hump, I held it for a good 20 minutes or so, and I remember when taking it off, my hump looked HUGE. It looks worse, and the hump looked even bigger. Now, it's been months after that incident, and my nose still looks the same. Did I do permanent damage?

Pressure on Dorsal Hump

+1

Pressure on a dorsal hump should have no permanent effect unless enough pressure was applied to fracture the nose.  Kenneth Hughes, MD rhinoplasty Los Angeles, CA

Pressure on dorsal hump will not change it's size

+1

Putting pressure on a dorsal hump does not make it any bigger or smaller.  The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage with a covering of skin over the top.  Putting pressure on the nose only makes it more swollen due to histamine response.  There is no permanent damage that has been done, however, it is best to undergo a rhinoplasty surgery if you desire a more permanent result.