Too Old For Braces?

Hi Doctor, Im 27 yrs old male want to put braces on my teeth. I met a dentist but she says im too old to put braces on..Is it right ?

Never too old for braces

+2

Your dentist may have said that because much of the development of the face occurs during the growth spurt at puberty. Since growth of the facial bones is completed at your age, correction of skeletal imbalances may require surgery. 

If you're really keen to consider braces then your dentist can refer you to an Orthodontist who will be in a better position to advise you whether getting braces is an option for you.

As an adult, there are a number of subtle types of braces available should you be more self conscious about wearing the traditional metal or ceramic ones. Examples include Sapphire braces (clear), Lingual braces (applied to the back of your teeth) or Invisalign (virtually invisible and removable aligners that gently move your teeth into the desired position).

I encourage anyone to seek a consultation if you want to straighten crooked teeth, improve your smile, or correct a bite - at any age.

Australia Orthodontist

Too old for braces

+2

You are never too old!...my oldest patient was 90!

The only problem with adult treatment is that some orthodontic problems are caused by the jaw alignment and as adults are not growing it can be more difficult to correct certain problems..moving teeth however is pretty much the same not matter what age

Saint Louis Orthodontist