Will I Put on Weight on Other Parts After Smart Lipo?

I am fit all over exce pet my hips and thighs. Is it true that people put on weight on other parts after lipo?

Liposuction won't cause you to put on weight elsewhere

+1

Liposuction won't cause you to put on weight elsewhere.  However, if you eat more calories than you burn, you will put on weight and it may go to other places than it used to.  If you put on a lot of weight, it will go everywhere.  Liposuction is best if your weight is stable.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after SmartLipo

+1

Smart Lipo or any other form of Liposuction is NOT a treatment for obesity. it is a procedure targeted towards body contouring and to get rid of stubborn pockets of fat that are otherwise difficult to get rid of with weight loss and exercises. if SmartLipo is done to contour certain parts of the body those areas will look contoured and some of the fat cells will be removed permanently. if a person gains noticeable weight that weight gain will be shifted to the areas that were not treated with SmartLipo. its best to stay in shape before and after the procedure

Misbah Khan, MD

Gaining weight after lipo

+1

Liposuction is not a weightloss tool. But liposuction does remove fat cells from the area reducing it in size. If you gain weight after surgery it may distribute to other parts of the body and not where the procedure targeted. It is good to be around your target weight goal before liposuction and stay healthy and fit post surgery.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Liposuction and weight gain

+1

If your weight is stable after liposuction, you shoudlnot put on weight in other areas.    If you put on a few pounds, you may not put it on inthe same areas as before.

Typically, if you gain weight after liposuction it will go elsewhere on your body.

+1

Liposuction, whichever way it is performed, will end up removing much of the fat in the area and won't allow for fat to easily grow back.  On the other hand, it will easily allow for fat to go elsewhere.  For this reason, it is terribly important that anyone who is considering liposuction have a serious attitude and be certain that they will diet and exercise after the procedure and not use the procedure as a quick fix.

Liposuction as a quick fix turns out to be a huge waste of money and time.  If you gain weight afterwards, the areas will look odd as well as I liken them to an 'apple core' as the areas surrounding the liposuction take on a very odd appearance.  It is good that you are thinking of these things in advance.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Weight gain after liposuction

+1
this is probably the most frequent old wives tales quoted about liposuction. the simple answer in my experience is no. if you eat enough to gain weight of course you will but it will be in other areas. maintain your weight and the results of your surgery will be very long lasting.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon