Can I Put Neosporion on my Ear? I Had Cauliflower Ear Surgery 2 1/2 Weeks Ago. Its Dry and Itchy Now

Cauliflower ear surgery

+1

I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon.  Questions on medications are always difficult to discuss without knowing your full history.  Although this may seem like a benign thing to do, it may have serious consequences on your healing and overall results.  Good luck!

Ear surgery

+1

Dear Ear,

• If you are having issues after being treated by a physician, you should go back to him for a check up
  • If you did not get treatment, please see a facial plastic surgeon or ENT specialist
  • Neosporin has an ingredient in it which up to 10% of people are allergic to
  • It may make the dryness and itchiness worse

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Neosporin after Cauliflower Ear Correction Surgery?

+1

It is always best to check with your plastic surgeon before the use of any medications. He/she will know exactly how you are healing and whether or not you have any allergies to medications. It would be somewhat irresponsible for online consultants to recommend otherwise.