Can I Put Tape over my Scar for Sun Protection?

hey i had stiches and know that they took them of i have a scar in the nose and am a runner so i have to be expose to the sun and i was wondering if i could run with a tape covering the scar and if the could protect the scar from the sun and not have any problem with the scar

Tape to cover scar

+1
Yes, it is possible to apply tape or any other material that blocks any penetration of the sun's rays. Just make sure that the adhesive doesn't adversely affect the scar when you're removing it. Best of luck!

Melarase AM cream for sun protection and skin lightening of scars

+1

Tape is one of many possible options. The other is to use a strong physical sunblock plus a skin lightener to prevent PIH. I recommend the Melarase cream twice daily. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS