Puss Coming out of my Breast? (photo)

I dont know what's happening Please explain...I was changing my bandages for my Nipple Areola Necrosis (which is on my right breast) and Noticed Puss Oozing out of my left brest (OMG) do i have an infection???

Puss coming out from breast

+1

The situation is one that needs that needs urgent medical attention if indeed is truly puss please follow up with the surgeon who performed the procedure.

Oozing from Incision after Breast Reduction

+1

While the fluid may represent fat necrosis or fluid collection, this could represent infection.  If there was a concern like this following breast reduction, I would recommend an exam by the plastic surgeon.

Concern regarding drainage from right breast following a breast reduction

+1

It is not clear whether this drainage that you have represents a significant infection or could be related to other issues such as fat necrosis, superficial wound separation and irritation, etc. More of your history as well as a physical examination would be beneficial in order to make the appropriate diagnosis. You should contact your surgeon and request to be seen unless this is an "ongoing" issue that he/she is already aware of.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Puss Coming out of my Breast?

+1

You have a very regent situation that NEEDS immediate IN PERSON care!!! Please call your surgeon ASAP or seek urgent care. 

Pus after breast reduction

+1

Thanks for your questions and photos.  I would recommend contacting your PS immediately or go to the ER for evaluation.  Pus drainage, such as yours, more than likely means there is an underlying infection in your breast.  The wound needs to be addressed by a physician in person.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

?infection after breast reduction

+1

This drainage can represent a deep infection, a superficial infection, fat necrosis, seroma fluid, and possible old hematoma to name a few. Best to be seen in person and preferably by your surgeon to have a proper evaluation. 

Wound healing issues including infection after breast reduction require diligent supervision by the plastic surgeon

+1

The picture demonstrates a wound healing complication and possibly an infection as well. Antibiotics, wound toilet, and close supervision by the plastic surgeon or part of the treatment.

Breast reduction infection needs immediate treatment.

+1

Hi.

See your plastic surgeon right away or see someone else.  You do look like you have an infection, and you need culture, antibiotics, and a sonogram to see if you have an abscess which requires drainage.  Also Silvadene cream to necrotic area.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)