Can Doing Pushups and Pullups Cause my Implants to Rupture?

i have 350 cc under muscle silicone mentor implants. I am in the military and i generally have to be able to do pullups and pushups. It's uncomfortable when i perform these exercises but I can do them. What I worry about it is if the pressure when my pecs are flexed cause the implant to rupture or come out of the shell? I had my surgery 3 months ago and have not had any complications. I run 2-3x per wk and also lift weights with not complications.

Excercise will not rupture breast implants

+2

Strenuous exercise, such as doing push ups and pull ups, will absolutely not cause you to experience a rupture.  Breast implants are extremely durable and well made.  Although they can deflate or rupture, it is almost never the fault of the patient.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and implant rupture

+1

At the three month mark I feel you can do any activity without a detrimental effect on your implants. Rupture of silicone implants occurs typically by long term wear over an extended period of time.Trauma can theoretically rupture an implant, but the force would have to be very significant such as in  a severe auto accident.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Extreme Exercise After Augmentation

+1

Since you are now 3 months following your augmentation, there should be no problems with doing push-ups and pull-ups.  I would not place any restrictions on my patients at this point.  Most implant ruptures are not related to trauma, but rather to defects which develop in the seam of the device over time.