Will pushing my body to straighten up disrupt my stitches/healing 7 days after a Full Tummy Tuck?

Hi, I had a Full Tummy Tuck with lipo and muscle repair 7 days ago. I still have stitches in, and almost no pain. I was wondering about how much I can push my body to allow me to stand up straight? Trying to doesn't hurt, but I'm afraid of disrupting the stitches/healing process.. Is this something that I should fear?

+1

Good question, but one best asked of your surgeon. I like to see my patients standing erect by one week but many surgeons prefer waiting longer. The muscle repair should easily tolerate standing straight. So should the skin closure unless it was extraordinarily tight.

All the best.

Disrupt sutures

+1

I generally recommend that patients do not straighten up for 2 weeks following an abdominoplasty to allow time for the skin and subcutaneous tissue to fix to the underlying fascia and muscle. I also feel it helps discourage seroma formation. I am less concerned that they will disrupt their suture line.

Brea Plastic Surgeon