Do Push Ups Modify Breast Implants? (photo)

Hi! 6 month ago I had a breast augmentation surgery due to tubular breast deformity.Now I usually feel fine, but since I got back to my workout (witch includes about 100 half push-ups 4 days a week),I realized that something wrong was going on. As you can see there are some sort of grooves in my right breast. And when I touch them they feel as a plastic bag filled with water and a easy-to-touch border that separates muscle from implant. Is this due to push ups or what happened? What should I do?

Rippling from Saline Implants

+2
What it may look like is that you are noticing the rippling from the saline implants.  I would not concern yourself in regards to the exercising you are doing.  That is not the cause of the rippling.  Rippling happens more with saline implants, especially if they are at the nominal fill volume as well as inadequate soft tissue coverage.  Changing to silicone or increasing the nominal fill are things that could help with the rippling.  Hope that helps.

Push ups and breast augmentation

+1

6 months post op, push ups should not be causing problems with your implants.  The rippling that you are feeling is the edge of your implants.  I would recommend following up with your surgeon to see what could be done to improve the situation.  One thing that might help would be to switch to silicone implants.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Workouts and implants

+1

You have great results considering you had tuberous breasts.  What you describe is palpable implants.  If your implants are above your muscle, workout as you please.  If they are under the muscle, you should ask your surgeon what his/her recommendations are in regard to that.  I personally do not recommend strengthening chest muscles (toning would be fine) when under the muscle as I have seen displacement occur from this.

Curtis Wong, MD

Rippling after breast augmentation can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  This has nothing to do with push ups and can be improved.

2)  If you have saline implants, switch to smooth walled moderate PLUS profile silicone implants.

3)  Covering the inside of the rippled areas with Alloderm is very helpful.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)