Can Doing Push-ups Cause Capsular Contraction?

I am 3 months post-up from a breast lift/augment with saline under muscle implants. My right breast has been the most difficult. When I asked my surgeon, I was told I was using my right hand too much. I noticed last night that it was harder. I made an appointment this morning and noted a dull aching. I've now been told that doing push-ups is what has caused capiscular contraction and I'm at fault. But I only did them for the 1st time yesterday!! Can you tell me if pushups can REALLY cause that?

Capsular contracture and push-ups

+2
Exercise where the pressure would be pushing down on the implant would seem to be preventative and this should not increase the risk of capsular contracture at all. Clearly, from what you've written, you've had some healing issues in the right breast but I also cannot see how using your right hand would contribute to this pain. It appears that you've have a large augment and, in cases involving larger implants, the healing can be protracted.

Can Doing Push-ups Cause Capsular Contraction

+2

Push ups may increase muscle tone and cause lateral and upwards displacement but they are not generally associated with an increased risk of capsular contracture unless they cause internal hemorrhage or bleeding.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Capsular contracture and push-ups

+2

I do not think that doing push-ups contributes to a capsular contracture unless you starting doing them too early and developed a hematoma. The cause of a capsular contracture can arise possibly from many things.