Pus Detected 6 Days After Rhinoplasty, Should I Worry?

I had rhinoplasty done 6 days ago exactly, last night I used boiled water with a cotton bud to clean dark red blood clots around and a little inside the nostrils and put the drip pad under the nose. This afternoon while changing the drip pad, I noticed a drop sized pus! I'm very worried if it's infected. Kindly advice me what to do. Thank you

Pus 6 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

True purulence (pus) is very rare after rhinoplasty but you should contact your surgeon and discuss your observations in more detail

Problems after rhinoplasty

+1

pus at any time is an issue

conatact your docotor if you have concerns

the real quesiton is, was that pus

Pus detected post rhinoplasty.

+1

Hello. I would highly recommend that you contact your surgeon in order to detect if this indeed is an infection. I would say not to worry, as infection post rhinoplasty is pretty rare. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Post Rhinoplasty Concern

+1

Infection after Rhinoplasty is very rare.  Your concerns should be addressed by your Surgeon as part of routine postoperative visits and discourse.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pus Detected 6 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is a waste of time to worry but I strongly suggest you see your surgeon ASAP to make sure that you do not have an infection that should be treated.