Pus Detected 6 Days After Rhinoplasty, Should I Worry?

I had rhinoplasty done 6 days ago exactly, last night I used boiled water with a cotton bud to clean dark red blood clots around and a little inside the nostrils and put the drip pad under the nose. This afternoon while changing the drip pad, I noticed a drop sized pus! I'm very worried if it's infected. Kindly advice me what to do. Thank you

Pus 6 Days After Rhinoplasty

True purulence (pus) is very rare after rhinoplasty but you should contact your surgeon and discuss your observations in more detail

Problems after rhinoplasty

pus at any time is an issue

conatact your docotor if you have concerns

the real quesiton is, was that pus

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Pus detected post rhinoplasty.

Hello. I would highly recommend that you contact your surgeon in order to detect if this indeed is an infection. I would say not to worry, as infection post rhinoplasty is pretty rare. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Concern

Infection after Rhinoplasty is very rare.  Your concerns should be addressed by your Surgeon as part of routine postoperative visits and discourse.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pus Detected 6 Days after Rhinoplasty

It is a waste of time to worry but I strongly suggest you see your surgeon ASAP to make sure that you do not have an infection that should be treated.