Pus and Blood 6 Months Post Augmentation and Anchor Lift? (photo)

I'm 6 months post breast augmentation and a anchor lift. One day I woke up with a sharp pain on one of my breast. I really didn't think anything of it. However when I went to check them, I noticed a little of pus around my areola so I popped it. What seem to pus came out than it started bleeding( spots).This has happened twice same breast different area. I don't know what t this means. Please help!

Stitch abcess after breast surgery

+2

You look like you are having a common problem after breast lift surgery namely stitch "spitting." Go back to your doctor, maybe they can find the stitch material and remove it so this stops happening.  Good luck!

Pus and blood after breast augmentation. What does this mean?

+2

This is relatively common and probably not something that is serious.  Because absorbable sutures break down via an inflammatory reaction, some patients will develop what we refer to as "suture abscesses".  These are simply areas where there is a higher degree of inflammation and where local pockets of pus can develop as well.  

The treatment is very simple.  Many surgeons, such as myself, suggest applying neosporin to the site and allowing the tissue to drain naturally.  Think of this like your body pushing out a splinter.  Once it does, the area closes up and heals normally.  

To make sure that this is what is going on, however, I do suggest that you contact your local Plastic Surgeon and discuss this with him/her.  

Best of luck!  I hope this information was helpful.

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Pus and Blood 6 Months Post Augmentation and Anchor Lift

+2

Thank you for your question and for the photos. This does not look like an  implant infection. It appears rather that you have a process around some undissolved stitches. These will resolve quickly once the offending sutures have been removed. This is something your surgeon  should do--call for an appointment. 

All the best.

Stitch abscess

+1

Hello. This is not an uncommon complication. Chances are that these are just stitch abscesses and could easily be treated.  It is most likely a superficial infection but there is always a chance that it is a deep infection so be sure to schedule an appointment with your doctor just to be sure and get his advise for wound care.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Pus and Blood 6 Months Post Augmentation and Anchor Lift?

+1

Appears and describes as a suture granuloma. Best to seek medical attention or see your chosen surgeon for care. 

Pus and drainage 6 months after breast lift

+1

You should see your surgeon. This most likely is a suture abscess that has come to the surface. It may also be some fat necrosis. Only your surgeon can say for sure. Call him or her today.

Matthew Schulman, MD

+1

These symptoms are the signs of a suture spitting abscess.  Your body is reacting to whatever kind of suture has been placed in that spot.  Just keep the area clean and see your surgeon so he can remove the suture and the reaction with blood and pus will go away.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Stitch spitting

+1

It looks like you may have had a stitch abscess which can happen with permanent or absorbable sutures.  Best to be seen in person for follow-up.

Suture Abscesses or Reactions after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

These are suture reactions or small abscesses that can be treated with local wound care and removal of the offending agent, the sutures.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA