Is Purple a Difficult Ink Color to Remove with the Laser Tattoo Removal?

I'm currently undergoing laser tattoo removal treatments to get rid of a tattoo I got 10 years ago. I've only been in for one session so far but didn't see the drastic results I was expecting (a lot of the laser tattoo removal videos posted on youtube show some pretty dramatic results after only one session). Is purple a difficult ink color to remove with the laser?

Removing Purple Ink from a Tattoo

+1

There are four wavelengths of laser light for tattoo removal, 1064, 532, 755 694nm.  Purple shades of color may respond to any of these wavelengths depending on the shade of purple.  We usually start with 1064 and 755nm wavelengths using the VersaPulse laser.  Usually purple will respond well to treatment.  Multiple treatments are required and treatments are spaced 3 to 4 weeks apart.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon