Purple Belly Button Scar, Will This Fade? (photo)

I am 8 weeks Post Op from Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift. Everything is healing well but I am worried about my belly button and the purple ring around it. Will this fade because I want to wear a two piece?

Purple Belly Button Scar, Will This Fade?

+2

This is early stage of wound maturation. Best to discuss with your surgeon in person. IPL therapy might speed result up some. 

Purple discoloration of the umbilicus after an abdominoplasty

+1

This purple discoloration around the umbilicus following an abdominoplasty is most likely temporary and will resolve over time.  At this point I can only suggest massage of the area and time.  

Purple belly button scar

+1

Yes, I think that your scar will get much better. It takes 3-6 months for this scar to look good. Make sure that you speak to your surgeon about your concerns and discuss the different options you have for scar management.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Purple Belly Button Scar After Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear Samantha66,  Redness in scars after surgery usually reaches its maximum around 3 to 6 mouths post-op and thens begins to fade until gradually reaching a white color-a process that can take a year or more to occur.  During this healing process,it is important to avoid sunlight on the incision so sunblock is critical.  The incision can be concealed using body makeup during the healing process,  There are a number of good scar treatment products on the market that can also help speed the healing and the fading of the incision.  Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon who can advise you on your progress in your recovery.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

6 to 12 weeks is the peak of inflammation for wound healing. This can be expected to begin to get lighter and less noticeable. The full maturation of the scar may take up to a year. As much as I can see of the result looks nice. 

All the best.