I just purchased a Botox package, and Radiesse from a separate place. Should I get Botox first or fillers first?

1.5cc radiesse The filler is Radiesse, is that good for cheekbone definition, and lips? Up to 40 Units Botox. This is all for cosmetic purposes. I am still a young guy, just trying to get the look I want.

Botox and Radiesse package

+1
Since Botox and Radiesse are used in different areas of the face it really makes no difference which you do first. Radiesse can be used on cheekbones but not in the lips. The most important thing is to find a board certified dermatologist with expertise in facial injections.

Botox and Radiesse Treatement

+1
Botox and Radiesse are injected into different areas of the face and are used for different purposes so the order does not matter, in my office I often inject both at the same time. If the question was which one should I do first as I can only afford one of them I would say start with whichever bothers you more the lines in the forehead/crow’s feet or the lack of cheekbone definition. Radiesse DOES NOT go into the lips. Only hyaluronic acid based fillers like Restylane or Juvederm should go in the lips.

The best way to “get the look you want” is to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist, at the consultation you can let him/her know “the look you are trying to get”. Let them assess your features and give you the recommendations on what you would need to achieve your desired look.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Timing of Botox and Filler

+1
  1. First find out who the supervising physician is for the places you bought from.
  2. There are hair salons doing these injections, quite illegally, with no supervision and illegal products.
  3. Do the Botox first. It should be enough for your forehead and eyes.
  4. Radiesse is good for the cheekbones.
  5. Radiesse never goes into the lips.
  6. These injections require skill, training and familiarity of the anatomy. Radiesse especially must be carefully and correctly done - it cannot be reversed once injected and there is important anatomy around the cheekbone.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Botox and Radiesse Injections at Separate Facilities

+1
To answer your specific question, it really does not matter which you have first, Botox or Radiesse.However, the more important question is why have you bought these injections before you plan to use them and why at different places? Facial rejuvenation or cosmetic modification of the face is a very specialized endeavor that should be done by someone who is quite experienced in using all of the different modalities that are available.Also, before you purchase a product you should have discussed at length with the physician who will do the injections exactly what you wish to accomplish so that the proper product could be selected to achieve your specific desires.If you desire improvement in your lips as well as your cheeks, what you have purchased will not achieve your wishes.Radiesse is excellent for adding volume to the cheeks but should not be used in the lips.Instead, there are other fillers for this purpose.From what you said, I have no idea why you would even need Botox.Next time, I suggest you choose an Expert Injector (go to ExpertInjector.com) and discuss your specific desires at length before purchasing anything.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Botox or filler first?

+1
It does not matter which one you have done first  as they both do different things and are injected into different areas. However, if I was doing at separate times  and had do do one first I would do the Botox first and see how your face appears and then add the Radiesse. Do not use Radiesse in your lips as it is too firm. I use lots of Radiesse in cheek area and love the results. I still think that this is the most cost effective way to go for this area. As far as why you are going to two places, examine that. If this is an attempt to get the best bargain in each place you might be sorry. Find someone that is good and that you trust. A few extra dollars will be well spent. I caution my patients about shopping for groupons etc. when their face is involved. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Should I do Botox or fillers first

+1
The Botox and filler will not be used in the same location so it doesn't matter which one you get done first since you are going to different places. I often perform them on the same day even. Radiesse should absolutely not be put into your lips - it is a harder, white filler that needs to be placed deeply. It does not go into the lips or near the eye region.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Sequence of injections for Botox and Radiesse

+1
Since you are seeing two different physicians, you ideally would share with both your injection locations and amounts. Do NOT put Radiesse in your lips. If you want fuller lips, go for the hyaluronic gels. Radiesse is too thick for lip augmentation and could cause some significant problems.

It does not matter what the sequence is since Radiesse is not used in any of the same locations as Botox. And in most practices, a physician will perform both procedures in a single appointment.

From a purely "what you see is what you get" perspective, and because you are seeing different doctors, you may want to get your Botox first and let it activate. Then 10 days or 2 weeks later, you will be frown free and that might in some way influence how you perceive the final results from your Radiesse.

Radiesse can't be removed like the hyaluronic gels can be, so be sure this is a product you are comfortable with.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

+1
We frequently perform Botox and filler treatments at the same appointment. This should not be a problem as long as you inform both of your injectors. With regard to cheeks, the injections tend to be relatively deep and Botox is not usually placed in the cheek area. We do have a better, FDA-approved option for cheek augmentation, Voluma, which is reversible. It has become very uncommon in my Denver practice to use Radiesse in the cheeks since the introduction of Voluma. It's more predictable, reversible and can create very natural appearing results. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Radiesse

+1
In most cases, Botox and Radiesse would be used for different purposes, so it would not make much of a difference as to which you did first.  Radiesse is a filler so could help with cheeks but I would not recommend using it in lips.  Hyaluronic acid fillers are better for lips.  Botox helps with lines or furrows that develop from muscular action.  The most commonly treated areas for Botox would be lines across the forehead, frown lines between the eyebrows and crow's feet.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best way to get cosmetic treatments such as Radiesse and Botox is to get them from the same physician

+1
Trying to scope out the absolute best deal for filler and Botox is the wrong way to do cosmetic procedures.  You need to research the physician and figure out if he/she is qualified and has the experience you are looking for.  It's your face and you can't hide a poor result.  If there is something that needs attention after the procedure, how available is that person, and how long do you have to wait to see them?  "Time is money" as well.  Customer service, experience, reviews, outcomes, friends experiences should be much more important than price.  Also continuity of care is very important and when you get things done at different offices, it's very difficult to tell what results are from one doctor's work and what are from another doctor.  It doesn't matter what procedure you have first, I often do filler and Botox at the same visit.

Steven F. Weiner, MD