Where Can I Purchase the Griddle to Wear Right After the Surgery?

Veronique and Marena for Postop Garments after Tummy Tuck

+1

Both Veronique and Marena make quality postoperative garments, and you can purchase these garments online.

Post Op garments

+1

are used in many procedures.  There are the medical grade products at medical grade prices.  Or you can go to the foundation section of your local store to find suitable alternatives.  The advantages of the medical grade products are ease of putting them on and wearing them when using the bathroom.  Ask your doctor where he/she wants you to have compression and you should be able to find something that will work for  you if your doctor does not provide it himself.  I personally like Flexees  products.

Griddles and Girdles

+1

For a good griddle I would suggest Williams and Sonoma!! For after surgery I would suggest something a little lighter and more comfortable. My office measures you and uses certain companies that specialize in post operative garments. Check with your own surgeon. Good luck and happy cooking.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

. Almost anyone undergoing tummy tuck has enough risk factors to have SCD's recommended.

+1

There are numerous web sites that offer these products, but check with your surgeon for recommendation. We provide them in our office operatory. That way we don't have to read the instruction manual for each garment! 

As to your question about the drains, we cut a small hole right over the drain site to pass the tubing through. Thanks for your question, best wishes for your upcoming surgery.

Garment to wear after surgery.

+1

There are many good garments for post surgery.  I like the Marena Group.  These are easily purchased online.  We supply the first garment after surgery.  You will wake up in the recovery room with a garment .  It is nice to have additional garments on hand so you always have a clean one.

Garments Improve Comfort After Surgery

+1

Post-surgical garments are helpful in improving comfort and reducinng swelling and bruising after surgery.  Published studies do not show any long term effect on the final cosmetic outcome.   Garments that are too tight can cause problems such as skin injuries and contour irregularities so I would be sure that it fits well without any creases.  Medical grade garments can be obtained on line from websites such as makemeheal.com and designsveroniqu.com.  These tend to be well manufactured but are expensive.  Cheaper alternatives can be found at department stores and discount stores such as walmart.   Spanx are very popular with liposuction patients and work well also.  Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Garment for After Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

I supply the binder for after tummy tuck surgery for my patients.  Generally, they wear this for the first 2-4 weeks and then move into something like a "spanks".  Your surgeon may have recommendations for you as to what to wear after your procedure and where to purchase it.

There are online sites that sell garments as well.

Best Wishes

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Surgical girdle

+1
I purchase the girdle and provide it to my patient. I have a much better sense of how the manufacturers cut the garments and what will work best because the measurements can be tricky, just like in clothing! After that girdle has been worn for a couple of weeks, you can then move on to something less constricting, more on the order of a pantigirdle and these can be purchased at any store. Since it isn't an item that you will wear in the long run, since the swelling will continue to decrease, don't buy retail if you can avoid it. Try some of the discount stores such as Marshall's or TJ Maxx for something suitable. I use the two zipper garment; my own wife loved it but other patients found the zipper sections to be irritating. A crotch panel is definitely a good thing as well.

As a woman plastic surgeon, I like the girdles from Design Veronigue

+1

Hello to Makingachange 66,

Take a look online at post surgical garments from Design Veronique, style 850.  My ladies think they are fantastic for these reasons:

1. the one piece garment with "shorts" attached do not ride up

2.  has an open crotch which makes it easy to use the toilet for those first few times when it is uncomfortable to take it on and off

3.  has felt line zippers on EACH side which allows you to ease it on, one side and then the other, without having to pull to much

4. OK to throw in the wash

5.  has adjustable shoulder straps which will keep it up high enough and prevent it from slipping down

6. it is a breathable fabric so will not get moist

Take a look!

Thank you, Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon