Will Punctal Plugs Affect Laser Resurfacing?

I have permanent punctal plugs will this make any difference to me when getting laser resurfacing around the eyes for wrinkles?

Punctal Plugs do NOT interfere with Laser Resurfacing

+1

Regarding: " Will Punctal Plugs Affect Laser Resurfacing?
I have permanent punctal plugs will this make any difference to me when getting laser resurfacing around the eyes for wrinkles
?"

Punctal plugs are meant to increase the amount of tear lubrication of the eyes. The area of the tear duct openings (punctum) is NOT resurfaced and as long as they are not accidentally removed during the shielding of the eyes they will not interfere with the resurfacing.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Punctal plugs and laser skin rejuvenation of the eyelids

+1

Punctal plugs are used to keep the eyelid lacrimal duct drainage open. Without these, it would be more common for those affected to tear more often because there is less drainage of the normal tears produced to drain down the plugged tear duct. Resurfacing with lasers can be done to the eyelids as this procedure takes great care to avoid the sensitive eyelid margin areas.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Punctal plugs should not be a problem with laser resurfacing

+1

punctal plugs should not be a problem. the physician needs to be very careful not to dislodge the plugs when the internal eye shields are placed

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Punctal plugs

+1

Hi Henry,

The plugs are in the punctum of your eyelids.  They will NOT interfer with anything you have done on your face.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon