Getting punched in the face after sliding genioplasty?

I'm involved in martial arts. I've been holding off on full contact fighting because I don't want to rebreak it. It's been 2 months. How much longer until I can take a punch to the face?

+1
It is prudent for you to avoid contact sports while healing from sliding genioplasty. It will take a couple months for the bones to heal. Getting hit in the face can cause damage to progress you have made. 

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Genioplasty

+1
The bones take 6-8 weeks to heal.  It also depends if you had grafting done as well which could prolong the healing process. I think you should take an x-ray and re-evaluate the healing.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon