What is Punch Excision for Pores?

Acne scars can be treated easily with various methods.

+1
Acne ice pick scars look like big pores and punch grafting skin from behind the ear into the hole is easy to do and works well. This fills in or closes the hole up nicely and is done under local. It is then dermabraded to cover up the scar. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What is punch excision for pores?

+1
A punch excision is a nice method for excising certain scars and lesions. A small cylindrical knife of varying diameters from 1-5mm can be used for the punch excision. A small circle is left which can be sutured closed and will heal as a linear scar.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is Punch Excision for Pores?

+1

Thank you for your question. Punch excision is a surgical treatment used to cut out benign moles or may be used for cosmetic purposes such as acne scars. I would not recommend excision for large pores. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Punch excision for acne scars

+1

A punch is a small, circular, cookie cutter shaped scalpel.  It can be used to remove deep acne scars which would not otherwise respond to lasers, peels, or fillers.  The deep pitted scar gets replaced with a less noticable suture scar.  In some patients this is the best choice.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Skin Punch Excisions

+1

The punch excision is done with a tiny 2 - 3  4 - 5  mm cookie cutter device which punches or cookie cuts out a deep pit, pore, scar, etc which is then either left to heal in or sutured with one tiny stitch.  This may help in certain patients.  Try one pit or pore and see the results.  If you like the improvement, do some more etc.  This is an ages old, but still useful,  technique.  It is rarely a miracle but it helps.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon