Pumpkin Peel Gone Wrong - Burning Side Effect?

I had a microdermabrasion done and my doctor applied a pumpkin peel afterwards. I felt a burning sensation immediatly, she said it was normal. I noticed about 20 minutes later a quarter sized dark brown spot on my cheek, is this a burning side effect? i have brown skin and had chemical peels before but this is the first time i had this reaction. Will this fade? Did she use the wrong peel on me?

Dark spot after pumpkin peel

+1

This mark may have occured as resuly of either the microdermabrasion or the peel. Avoiding sun and frequent applications of moisturizer should help it heal. If it persists, you may need a bleaching cream. Talk to your doctor about it.

Performing chemical peel after microdermabrasion can be dangerous

+1

Performing chemical peel after microdermabrasion can be dangerous. This is because the normal skin is no longer in tact before the peel solution is applied and it is impossible to know how deep the peel will penetrate.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

+1

Sounds like a minor complication of any mild peel of going to deep. Treatment should be with burn creams and time, and NO sun exposure. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski