Pulsed Dye Laser to Treat Post-Acne Red Marks

After inflamed acne goes away, when can I start using pulsed dye laser to treat the red marks that's been left behind? Does it make the red marks worse if it's treated too soon?

Pulsed dye Laser - VBeam is great for redness after acne clears

+1

The redness left after recovering from an acne breakout is cleared quite well with the VBeam.  It also helps to clear the acne.  I have recently posted a before and after picture showing this.  i believe the VBeam is one of the best lasers to treat redness from acne, scars, and rosacea, 

Pulsed dye laser for red acne marks

+1

The pulsed dye laser is very good at reducing or eliminating red marks left behind after acne has subsided.  It is really never too early to use this laser.  It is safe, effective, and produces reliable results.  The pulsed dye laser may also be used in conjunction with other lasers to treat active inflammatory acne.  I use it regularly for patients with active acne who also have evidence of scarring.  I typically find the earlier you treat the better your results are overall.  Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Pulse dye laser and acne scars

+1

Pulse dye laser is ideal for treating red marks associated with acne and acne scars. The 595 nm laser effectively ablates lesions with a ruborous color. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS