Pulsed Dye Laser Treatments for Red Spots?

I have marks left over from acne that have been there for 2+ years and I'm trying to get some other red spots removed as well.

Also, sometimes my nose gets red after walking around or being under fluorescent lights for a long time. I'm prone to redness but rosacea has been ruled out.

Is this laser effective for redness that comes and goes? Do most doctors make patients flush before treatment? I assume the laser picks it up better? Will it work just as well for someone who has red spots as it would for someone with a birthmark?

Laser cure for redness from acne scars

+1

Pulse dye laser is an excellent treatment for red spots or residual redness with acne scars.  The laser will vaporize the small blood vessels that are causing the redness. 

Red Spots

+1

The results with a dye laser for treating what you have are variable but will probably help somewhat. Making you flush ahead of time probably will not make much of a difference. You will probably not get rid of all the red spots.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon