Pulsed Dye Laser Safe to Use in Eye Area?

I am a 29 year old Caucasian male and I have dilated blood vessels in the skin on my face in symmetrical circles around both my eyes. This area is flushed and red constantly. Lupus has been ruled out. My condition appears to be more like raccoon eyes except red from flushing instead of black. Doctors who have seen this can give me a cause or a cure, and frankly im not really too sure how the damage happened. I've had it for 9 years now and no amount of moisturizer or sunblock has made any improvement. Will a Pulsed dye laser work for me? Is it safe to use on skin near your eyes?

Pulsed dye laser safe near eyes

+2

The pulsed dye laser may be a good option to reduce the redness and dilated capillaries around your eyes. I would of course recommend you only see a board certified dermatologist and be sure they do the treatment themselves. I would also recommend that protective metal eye shields be used inside your eyes during treatment to avoid any ocular damage. These shields are used commonly and can be relatively painless as anesthetic eyedrops and eye lubricant gels are also used. The pulsed dye laser is typically very effective for reducing dilated capillaries and is very safe virtually any place on the body.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist