Pulse Dye Laser On Surgery Scars on Calves?

I have 2 scars on calve muscle from surgery,which are 1 year old I have had 5 pulse dye lasers and 4 fraxel restore treatment it's been 7 weeks since treatment , I have not noticed any difference in scar , scar is still red and texture has not changed ,Is there any other treatments that are available that could improve scar and fade redness ? Can u please get back to me thanks

Treating scars with pulsed dye laser

+1

Scars are very effectively treated with the pulsed dye laser.  However, scars on the lower legs from surgery are an be more difficult to treat and require more treatments. The reason behind this is that the blood pools in your leg so surgical procedures such as in the legs take longer to heal. That is why the face tends to heal more quickly and with fewer treatments. Please find an experienced dermatologist for your future treatments.

Pulsed Dye Laser in Los Angeles

+1

The pulsed dye laser works very well to reduce redness in active scars.  If you are considering fractional co2 laser, you may consider the pulsed dye laser afterwards. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS