Pulse Dye Laser for Keloid Removal?

I have heard mixed opnions on Pulse Dye Laser in the treatment of Keloids (some think its useless). Can it be effective in decreasing redness (this is what I hate the most about mine) and what is their expected long term outcome with re-occurence?

Laser treatment of keloid scars and hypertrophic scars

+1

Keloids can only be treated with multi-modality regimens.  I see patients from all over the world with keloids and believe that the pulse dye laser is essential in their treatment. 

Laser Treatment of Keloids

+1

The pulsed-dye laser can often improve the redness of keloids, although it will not usually shrink the size of a keloid.  Better results can sometimes be achieved with combining laser treatments with injections of steroids and 5-FU.

John Whitt, MD