Pulse Dye Laser for Keloid Removal?

I have heard mixed opnions on Pulse Dye Laser in the treatment of Keloids (some think its useless). Can it be effective in decreasing redness (this is what I hate the most about mine) and what is their expected long term outcome with re-occurence?

Laser treatment of keloid scars and hypertrophic scars

Keloids can only be treated with multi-modality regimens.  I see patients from all over the world with keloids and believe that the pulse dye laser is essential in their treatment. 

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Laser Treatment of Keloids

The pulsed-dye laser can often improve the redness of keloids, although it will not usually shrink the size of a keloid.  Better results can sometimes be achieved with combining laser treatments with injections of steroids and 5-FU.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

4001 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207