Should Pulse Dye Laser Be Used on a 3-year Old to Get Rid of Molluscum?

My 3-year old is continuing to get these bumps on the face now too. We are expecting a newborn in 7 weeks and I really want the bumps gone so the baby will not get this.

Pulsed Dye Laser for Molluscum

+1

Molluscum should not be treated with the pulsed dye laser.  They are easily treated in the office by other, painless methods.  The pulsed dye laser targets blood vessels and redness.  It would have no effect whatsoever on molluscum, and subjecting a 3 year old to it would not be appropriate.  I urge you to see a dermatologist to discuss other treatment options.  

Frisco Dermatologist

Laser treatment on a 3 year old for molluscum is drastic and could be traumatic

+1

Molluscum is an annoying but benign viral condition.  Subjecting a 3 year old to a treatment that involves eye protection (where the kid can't see out of the goggles and would get very upset) and some discomfort and would probably get them really traumatized about doctors, etc seems like not a good idea. It is hard for me to see where a pediatrician would recommend that for such a young child.  I would not personally recommend putting a child through IV sedation for treatment of a benign, not dangerous skin condition.

Baltimore Dermatologist