Is Pulling Teeth Needed Before Invisalign In My Case? (photo)

Would I have to get any teeth pulled before starting an Invisalign treatment? Thank you in advance!!

Pulling teeth

+1

From the pictures you included, it does not appear that pulling teeth are needed. I would be curious to see your bite, but still likely no teeth pulling. Some minor widening and IPR can be preformed. Your orthodontist can speak to you about those options at your consultations.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Teeth pulled before Invisalign

+1

It is a rarity to pull teeth before most modern orthodontic treatments and this should only be done after exploring all other options.  Visit with an Invisalign provider and have him review your options.  If your arch is too narrow this could require traditional braces.  It is important to discuss what you want to achieve, as a narrow arch can contribute to snoring and other breathing issues.  You have lots of options, consider them well.  Good luck!

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Is Pulling Teeth Needed Before Invisalign In My Case?

+1

Thank you for asking a great question, which I am sure concerns other people as well. In general I do not recommend extruction of teeth for orthodontic purposes. Only in extreme cases of severe crowding and /or overjet (when upper front teeth protrude a lot over the lowers) extructions are necessarry.

Your case appears to be straight forward and no extructions are indicated. Of course only your treating doctor, having all the records, can diagnose properly your case.

Good luck,

Michael Ayzin, DDS
Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Pulling teeth for Invisalign is for extreme cases

+1
As a general rule, teeth should only be pulled if absolutely needed. Extremely crowded or overlapped teeth would be an example, but your case does not appear that way. A complete exam by an experienced Invisalign provider should help determine what you need.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Crowding and Invisalign

+1

It appears that your crowding is not severe enough to warrent extractions.  In fact, I would advise against extractions altogether.  It is hard to tell from the pictures, but it appears that Invisalign would work perfect for you.  I would schedule an appointment with your orthodontist to look at all options.

Ron D. Wilson, DMD
Gainesville Orthodontist

Pulling teeth is not necessary for Invisalign treatment

+1

By your question, I was expecting to see substantial crowding in your mouth.  Your treatment will most certainly be accomplished without the removal of any permanent teeth with any reasonable treatment plan from any orthodontist.  Even with substantial crowding present, techniques are being used which can avoid extractions.  Yours looks like a great case for Invisalign.  Go get that evaluation and consultation. 

Kent Lauson, DDS, MS
Denver Orthodontist

Most likely, you won't need teeth pulled but an exam is necessary

+1

Your crowding does not seem too severe to warrant tooth removal but without evaluating your bite and how the teeth look within your smile and face, a definitive decision cannot be made. 

Make an appointment with an orthodontist to learn more. 

Todd Barnett, DMD
Akron Orthodontist

Do I need teeth pulled

+1

From the phots that you have included I do not feel that you would need any teeth pulled prior to starting invisalign.  Good luck

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Pulling teeth for invisalign

+1

Looking at the photos that you have provided. I would say that you are a good candidate for invisalign orthodontics and would not need to have any teeth pulled. There are a few ways to create space for crowded teeth in an adult. Options to create space include, tooth extraction, expansion of the arches or slimming of the individual teeth. When you meet with your invisalign provider ask them what will work for your case to get an ideal result. Also ask to see examples of cases similar to yours and how the crowding was corrected. Good luck, you will love your straight healthy teeth!! Dr. S in San Diego.

James D. Salazar, DDS
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist