Damage to Nose after Septoplasty

2 months ago I had septoplasty/turbinate reduction.I think I was healing fine but yesterday I pulled out a string accidentally and it yanked out and it felt like it was embedded in tissue in middle of nose. i felt a sensation.on one side now it feels like the cartilage is blocked.I can't breathe out of that side now. my teeth ached a little and i got the strange smell i had after surgery but had gone away. have i damaged my septum? or is it just swollen?i'm going to my doctor. please help!

Septoplasty

+1

2 months is a good time for the healing process, You likely pulled out a stitch within the nose that lasted a little longer.  I agree wth Dr. Bartels, you should see your surgeon to evaluate the issue.

Nima Shemirani

Damage to Nose After Septoplasty

+1

You are doing the best thing by going back to your surgeon to have an evaluation.  Hope it works out well for you.

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon