Pulled on Stitch by Accident 5 Days After Rhinoplasty?

Hi I'm 19 from Sydney and just had rhinoplasty 5 days ago. Today I went to pick a crust that irated me and I accident pulled on a stitch but didn't come out, I hope this has runined my results and I slightly move the nostrils when cleaning with q-tip is that also going to affect the out come? If stitching needs to be done again can it be done in his office?

Cleaning nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1
It is common to have dried blood in the nostrils following rhinoplasty. In most cases there are incisions placed just inside the nose for rhinoplasty and sutures to close these. Blood can tend to dry in this area. If you removed some of this dry blood and accidentally removed a suture a week after surgery, it is unlikely that you damaged anything deep such as the cartilage. The skin incisions heal very quickly after rhinoplasty. If you had a lot of bleeding after the dried blood was removed, you may have opened the incision slightly - this should heal without a problem. You should contact your surgeon and describe what happened to get the appropriate guidance if you are concerned.

Pulling On A Stick Accidentally After Rhinoplasty

+1

Pulling on a stitch at 5 days post-surgery may or may not have caused a given damage to the results of your rhinoplasty.

Without knowing the full details of what happened and then examining you thoroughly, it is not possible to provide you with a definitive diagnosis.

Therefore, I encourage you to have your surgeon take a look at the current status of your nose and the area you have targeted. After all, he knows the full details of your surgery.

I wish you the best and hopefully your issue will have no effect over your final results whatsoever.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Suture Removal

+1

The suture that was removed could be an important part of the rhinoplasty.  So, it's best to call your surgeon right now and tell him what happened.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon