Is It a Pulled Muscle?

Had a boob job&2wks after the procedure someone viciously grabbed my left boob.Before this incident both Healed perfect.Now my right boob is soft&the left 1 is tight&a lil swollen its been bout 2wks now& the pain is gone.But the stiffness is still there&the swelling went down a lil.Dr said it might have to get pulled.Btw I have no symptoms of any infection.I don't want it removed.The doctor doesn't know about the major injury either.Is this something I need to worry about or will it go down in time?

Trauma after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the trauma you have experienced. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to advising you;  physical examination will be necessary to determine exactly what is going on. If the findings are mild to moderate swelling, it is likely that these issues will resolve without the need for intervention, and hopefully without long-term sequela.  If, on the other hand, there is a fluid accumulation around the breast implant, surgical intervention may be necessary to avoid further problems down the line.

Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon for assessment. Best wishes.

Is It a Pulled Muscle?

+1

Thank you for your question.  You should definately discuss this with your doctor so he can evaluate it.  It may have bled a little during the trauma you disctribed.  A little blood around the implant may increase the chance of capsular contracture.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Pulled muscle after breast augmentation

+1

Its best you tell your plastic surgeon of the incident and get a proper evaluation to exclude any bleeding due to trauma that you sustained. 

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Is It a Pulled Muscle?

+1

It's hard to say.  In the absence of acute symptoms (fever, chills, sweats, redness, significant discrepancy in size) you may be able to wait and see what happens.  If that's the case, then it may be exactly what you say - a pulled muscle, some localized swelling that will dissipate on its own.  But you have to rely on the judgment of your PS and, if there are any questions or hesitations in that regard, get a second (and even a third) opinion from an equally qualified board-certified plastic surgeon.  There are times than implant surgery requires surgical intervention, and impending infection or ongoing hematoma are among those.  You'll need to work with your PS.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and tight chest

+1

I think that it is best to discuss your issues with your surgeon and allow him to evaluate you in person.