Puffy Nose After 6 Months Rhinoplasty?

Hi all, I am 26 years old and I had open rhinoplasty from 6 months to reduce the tip size and fix nasal septum deviation ,my tip now is very puffy , the swelling is to the max in the morning and when I am in period , i am very depressed , Is that normal?

Six Months

+2

I do not like to hear about the "depression" part.  Take heart, after another six months of healing and follow-ups, you may not need further surgery or perhaps just minor surgery.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling associated with rhinoplasty will vary according to the skin thickness. People with thicker skin will take longer to heal than people with thin skin. It is not unusual to have fluctuations in terms of swelling, just like you described. This fluctuations should decrease in the next 6-8 months.

Pictures would be helpful to determine what skin type you have. Steroids injections can be used to help with target areas of swelling, but must be used judiciously.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after open rhinoplasty

+1

It is always tough to know when the edema is truly out of the nose.  In general, an open rhinoplasty will heal acutely from 1-3 months, then more or less plateau for 3-9 months and by 12 -14 months be completely healed.  However, you surgeon can answer the question of where you are in the cycle of edema so I would go back and discuss with them.

Jay Calvert, MD