Puffy Nipples On 27 Y/O Male. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I'm a 27 year old male with very puffy nipples. I know there's surgery that can reduce tissue under the nipples to flatten them. However, when my nipples get erected (e.g. from low temperature) they lose all the soft puffiness, reduce significantly in size, somewhat flatten and become hard. To constantly have them that way, perhaps combined with surgery to make them even more flatten, would be ideal. I know a lot of women get that after breast surgery, could something similar work for me?

Puffy nipple reduction

+1
This may only be corrected with surgery.

To treat puffy areolae, an incision is created that runs around the outside edge of the areola, along its lower half (where the dark areola meets the lighter chest skin). The approach taken depends on the severity of a patient's condition. Dissolvable sutures are placed underneath the skin. These stitches work to both minimize scarring and keep patients from having to undergo suture removal as healing progresses.

The surgery itself is short (only one or two hours) and often requires less than a week for recovery. Large areolae often become smaller after glandular and/or adipose tissue has been removed during the procedure as well. This side effect is the result of the skin covering the chest muscles tightening through the treatment process.

However, please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to determine whether this procedure is suitable for you.

Puffy male nipples

+1

Sometimes the puffiness can be breast tissue, sometime this can be fat.  The breast tissue will be difficult to sculpt with just lipo and may require an excision.  An examination by a plastic surgeon would be the way to get the best advice.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Laserlipo is the best solution

+1

I think in your situation the best alternative for treatment  without any scars is laserlipo.

Alper Tuncel, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

+1

It is difficult to give a full answer from looking a one photo and not a direct in person examination.  I have many male patients with a similar concern.  I perform a surgery to remove the breast tissue under the nipple and areola complex.  This will help take away the projection and female appearing breast.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon