Puffy Marionette Lines After Lifestyle Lift

Hi, I had a LSL (Lifestyle Lift) about 3 weeks ago. The pain was minimal (it took 3 hrs.) and my neck is nice & smooth. Some numbness on the cheeks, but was told it was going to be there probably for a year. OK with me.

My question is: I have "puffy" little pouch looking things on the marionette part. The Dr. said my face is still swollen and those parts will go down. I hate that look. I had lines there before but now I have little smiley faces. Will it really settle down and disappear? HELP.

Swelling of marionette lines after Lifestyle lift

+4

Nobody knows what was done except your surgeon.

Did they lipo the area?

Generally, this area is not treated with short scar facelift procedures and so it should not be due to the surgery but may be due to swelling that has traveled down from the areas that were operated on. If so this usually tends to resolve by 3 weeks after surgery.

Does a lifestyle lift cause puffy marionette lines?

+1

Without a picture and the operative report it is difficult to determine exactly what the prognosis is for these puffy areas. I would anticipate that this is standard swelling that will eventually resovle with time. I would continue routine follow up with your surgeon. Usually a tincture of time is all that is needed.

Todd C. Miller, MD

They should go away in the next few weeks.

+1

Facial surgery can cause swelling of the lips and jowl area as part of the normal healing process.  Understand that this will resolve with time, so be patient.  You can help yourself by reducing alcohol intake, avoiding heat exposure, eating a high protein diet, and avoiding salt in your diet.  These maneuvers can help.  Be patient and you will see what we are all talking about.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Puffy marionette lines after Face Lift

+1

It may still be relatively early after face lift surgery to make any final judgments. Most swelling after face lift surgery resolves within a couple weeks. In addition, only your plastic surgeon knows exactly the procedure or procedures that were performed. Was there any additional procedures or injections into the face?

Photographs would also help give a better answer. Speak to you face lift surgeon to determine what is the best option.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after any face lift can take weeks to go down and one needs to be patient

+1

Best is to continue talking to your surgeon.  One must keep in mind that it takes weeks for all the swelling to subside after a face lift.  It would be unlikely for the puffyness to remain if no volume has been added to that area.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon