Puffy Lower Lid After Mole Removal a Year Ago

I had a mole removed by laser a year ago by an Oculoplastic surgeon. I had a couple of stitches. It healed well and the rim is nice and straight, however I still have a little puffy spot right below the rim. Is there anyting I can do about that now that it has been a year? Is that normal? Do you think this will go down after more time has passed. Or is there something topical that I can put on it or do? By the way I am 47 if that makes a difference. Thank you!

Puffy spot on lower eyelid after laser removal surgery

+1

Scars heal for approximately one year.  By the/ end of one year after a procedure, the scar has pretty much reached its final form, if it is not a keloid.

If a puffy spot is present near a scar after one year, it will most likely not resolve.  There are no topical medications that can correct that.

If it is bothersome to you, then I recommend discussing that with the oculoplastic surgeon who did the original procedure to see if the spot can be removed.

Eyelid margins are tricky.  If the scar heals incorrectly there can be a notch in the lid margin which can irritate the eye.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole

+1

Mole removed fro lid margin should not swell after that long time. consult a board certified plastic surgeon, what you may be describing is a "dog ear deformity"