Puffy Eyes but Hollow when I Smile - Whats Best Solution?

I am in my late 20's and I have puffy eyes on a daily basis (if you touch my lower lid you can actually feel the protruding fat) however, when i smile I have a lot of wrinkles around the eyes and the eyes look hallow (there is a very visible half moon that forms under the eyes with a distinct line separating my cheek and orbital socket) what is the best approach to fix this? I am afraid to have standard lower eyelid as it would result in an even more hallow appearance under my eyes.

Treatment for Puffy Lower Eyes

+1

Puffy lower eyes may be due to medical conditions such as allergies or thyroid problems. Patients with excess skin or fat may benefit from eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty. Those who have more hollowing could benefit with office injections to add volume to cheek area. The half-moon when smiling may be due to muscle, which some plastic surgeons may treat with Botox Cosmetic.

Without a comprehensive evaluation, it's difficult to determine appropriate options for you. Generally, for younger patients surgery is avoided if possible. Visit a plastic surgeon to evaluate you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon