puffy eyes from crying or did i ruin it 3 days post-Restylane?

i cried yesterday because i was super upset about something. 3 days post-restylane injections in my tear troughs, 2 units...i've been very gently applying make-up to my face and eye area and washing my face all very very gently. i woke up today and i have seriously horrible bags again. my face looked PERFECT the first two days, no bruising or swelling. now i look like i did before. is it from crying or am i going to need even more restylane? :-/ i have a follow-up next week but i'm worried i ruined everything by crying, touching my eye area even lightly, etc...i really don't want to spend any more money on this issue for another few months. i just want it to look like it did *yesterday* before I started crying! :'(

Restylane and tear troughs

+1

Follow up with the provider for the best assessment of your situation. You likely didn't ruin the treatment but need to allow time for swelling to settle down, which peaks day 2 to 3 post injection.

Crying and Restylane

+1

Crying should not affect Restylane.  It is normal to have swelling and bruising, especially in the delicate tear trough area, for about 1-2 weeks following treatment.  It is always wise to follow up with the physician that performed the injections with any questions or concerns. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Crying after Restylane

+1

Tears won't affect Restylane, but aggressive rubbing of the eyes or rubbing with tissues, wouldn't be ideal. So hopefully this isn't what you did!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Ruining Restylane

+1
Photos would be extremely helpful. If you were really lucky not to have bruising, this doesn't mean that you wouldn't have some local swelling which would mask residual bags. If this is so, you may have had suboptimal treatment and would need more. However, neither washing your face nor crying will affect the result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Restylane is tear proof.

+1

However if you aggressive rubbed the eyes in the process, then yes it is possible that you mushed the treatment. I recommend you see your injector and get assessed.