Why have I got puffy bags below my eye sockets which won't go away?

69 years old - had eyebag surgery about 5 years ago - have large slightly protruding eyes.. Puffy patches appeared a couple of months ago - could this be the ageing process - is there anything that can be done about them - is it because of the surgery? Many thanks.

Puffy bags under eyes.

+1

It sounds like you have recurrence of eye bags five years after the surgery. Unfortunately, the eyelid surgeries don't stop the aging process and the patients develop the eye bags again. The timing of recurrence varies significantly depending on how people age. If the puffiness trouble you, you may need a procedure to improve it.