Puffy Areolas and Nipples Pointing Down 3 Weeks Post BA? (photo)

Mentor, Silicone,smooth Round Moderate Plus Implants, Transaxillary?.My breast always had the pear like look, but now looks like torpedos. My areolas became puffy and pointy. Will this puffiness go away? Also my nipples are still pointing down...is this only because is still too early and implants are still high or were positioned too high? I have been wearing the strap above breast the all time, but i am not sure is enough space under the breast to drop enough so my nipples to go up more. Is anything to worry about or is just a matter of time? I appreciate any opinion.

Puffy Areolas and Nipples Pointing

+2

I have a couple of comments.

• First of all, it is early and the contour will change. You can tell the dramatic improvement  from day 4 to day 21, and that will continue to improve as the implant continues to drop.
  • Secondly, though I don't see pre-op photos, it appears that you have what are called tuberous, or constricted breasts. Implants alone will not usually sufficiently treat that kind of breast problem. The usual features are puffy areolae, sagging breasts, high breast fold, diminished tissue in the lower poles, narrow and widely spaced breasts. From the post op photos it appears that some of those issues were and are present. 

You will likely find after 3 months when the implants have settled that a breast lift will be in order to correct the position of the areolae, with modifications of the surgery to fill out the lower half of the breasts. 

Thank you for your question, for the photos. Good luck and best wishes. 

Prominent nipples after augmentation

+2

Thanks for your question, without a before picture it is difficult to know for sure, but I think you may have tuberous breasts.  It is still early so changes will occur, please see your doctor for more reassurance.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Unhappy with #BreastAugmentation Results

+2

From your photos, it appears that you may have had a constricted breast with nipple position lower than ideal to start. Under these circumstances a lift is needed to help restore the nipple to its proper position.  A transaxillary placement can remain high for some time so it is likely that your implants will descend, but the nipples position will not change much in relation to this. You may need a lift later to restore the breasts to their proper position.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Three Weeks After Transaxillary Breast Aug

+2

First of all, it is quite early in the healing phase and you should notice the implants dropping over the next several weeks.  However, based only on your pictures, it appears that you have what is called a "tuberous breast" shape prior to your surgery.  If so, the appropriate approach to do your augmentation would have been through the nipple, so-called periareolar approach.  Using this approach allows accurate placement of the implant centered beneath the nipple, and release of all internal attachments to allow a more normal shaped breast.  Your board-certified plastic surgeon should be able to answer this better in person.  Best Wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape , contours after augmentation

+1

hopefully your breasts have settled some.,  i agree that you have a variation of turberous breasts

you may do well with periareola reduction at some point to shape and flatten not only the nipple but the breast itself to make it rounder

Implant position

+1

It is always helpful to see pre-op photos, but at this point it is too early to evaluate your breasts.  The implants look high and may come down with time.