Puffiness, Lumpiness & Tightness 8 months after full face & eyes lift surgery

- Is there any special medicine I can take or treatment at home I can do, to reduce the rest of puffiness, lumpiness and tightness on the face/ears/neck, after 8 months had full face & eyes lift surgery?. - Why do I feel one day different more tighter than other days? (specially around ears). I am not drink and smoke. Thanks for answer.

Tight 8 months after Face Lift

+3

The tightness, that you feel, 8 months after your Face and neck Lift is persistent edema or swelling from the tissue dissection performed during the surgery.  This can occur up to a full year and in the case, of a subperiosteal lift, even longer.  There's no medicine to make this go away any faster...just time.

Swelling and Edema after surgery

+3

8-9 months after facelifting surgrey, Endermologie is something I recommend to my patients.  This is essentially a type of endolyphatic drainage procedure.  This is routine in our office.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Lumpiness after a face lift

+3

The daily fluctuations in tightness is likely your fluid status. Restrict sodium and ask your surgeons office if they offer Manual lymphatic drainage(MLD) or external ultrasound. If you are able to get a MLD, pay close attention to how it was performed and repeat this several times a week. It will benefit you greatly.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift

+2

Be sure to drink plenty of water, and limit excess sodium each day.  About 2000mg a day of sodium is fine.  Time is needed to heal and this may take from 6 months to a year.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Puffiness 8 months after a Face Lift

+2

Although most swelling from Face Lifting surgery resolves within the first 6 months, it is not uncommon to have some puffiness for up to one year following the procedure.  Changes in fluid status of the body can make the face feel more puffy or tight from one day to another and even at different times during the same day.  Sometimes patients will lay on one side when sleeping and wake up with that side of their face more swollen.  These are all normal occurrences following a Face Lift.   Hang in there and I am sure most of these things will resolve with time.  Of course if you continue to have concerns, I would suggest discussing them with your surgeon.

Adam D. Stein, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumpiness

+2

Local massage, restricted salt intake and vitamin e cream are helpful. Kenalog injections into the scars can help if they are hypertrophic as can wearing silicone strips during sleep. Tightness is a mixed blessing. you want the result to last for many years so sometimes the price is some prolonged healing. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffiness 8 months after Facelift

+2

While the majority of swelling has improved by the six month after surgery, it is not uncommon to see swelling for the first year after a facelift. It is also extremely common to see changes from day to day and even throughout the day. Most of this is due to fluid retention within your face which is affected by your body position (lying down will increase the puffiness in your face), the salt content of your food (salty foods will increase the puffiness in your face), your activity (heavy exertion or exercise can increase the puffiness of your face), and hormonal changes. Fortunately, this fluctuation or change will settle with time. If you have concerns about specific areas of your face, I definitely recommend seeing your surgeon to discuss them.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffiness, Lumpiness & Tightness 8 months after face lift

+2

Swelling may take several mor emonths to resolve unless you do have some condition that delays this. Lumpiness may be felt but not seen, however, if you see these, then they may not go away. Tightness can go hand in hand with swelling since the latter can make one feel tightness. Your surgeon should be able to help you with these issues.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift Video: What to do about puffiness, tightness, lumpiness after face lift

+2

What to do about puffiness, tightness, lumpiness after face lift? Many facial plastic surgeons suggest massage to the areas that are lumpy. Steroid injections are another option. Fat injections can also help make the skin contour more regular. Steroid injectons can also be employed to reduce the lumps. Over time this will eventually improve. Fat injections can be used to soften underlying tightness caused by scar contracture.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations on Dealing With Swelling After Facelift

+1
Swelling can take up to a year to subside. During this time, you should restrict sodium intake and sleep on your back as much as possible. Lymphatic massage can also help.  

Jerome Edelstein, MD