Puffiness Under-eyes - Do I Need Treatment?

Hi all, I am 23 and it's been about 4 months since I've all of a sudden developed these bags under my eyes, they are there all day and don't wear off.... Do I need treatment? My parents didn't have this at my age, they are now 60 and they do have a bit puffy eyes but not as bad as mine. Could it just be a temporary allergy? Is surgery really necessary, any advice based upon the photos? Thank you for your help in advance. P.s I just can't believe how horrible they are!!

Eye bags

+1

Thank you for the photos as they show your concern very well.  I would first see a physician to rule out allergic problems or other that may have caused the "bags" to suddenly develop.  It is possible that they were present to a lesser degree and  now you just notice them. 

Surgically the fat can be accessed through the inside of the lid (no scars) and moved to the depression below.  This will eliminate the bags and soften the depression.  Another option is filler (Restylane) to the depression without surgery.  This is the least invasive step.

Let me know how things go.  Best of luck to you.

+1

It's obviously very early for you to consider surgery but if nothing else works the surgical solution is a transconjunctival Blepharoplasty. With this procedure the extra fat is removed through the inside of the eyelid without a skin incision. it is a simple procedure in capable hands. the alternative is Restylane bellow the bag to hide it. before you do anything you have to rule out an allergy.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Under eye bags

+1

Dear Vally67,

The bags could be due to allergies...a careful history can reveal this. Have you recently moved? Have you been indoors much? Are you sneezing more?

If it is none of the above, a restylane treatment is great to hide the bags and gives really nice results that can last up to 2 years.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Eyelid surgery, under eye bags #blepharoplasty, #tiredeyes, #fatgrafting

+1

Dear Vally67 in Italy

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately you can get features of the face and body that do not related directly to your family.  If the puffiness is constant then treatment with an injectable filler such as Restylane or a surgical procedure to minimze the appearance of the puffiness can be performed.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD