When I Can Resume my P90X, Insanity and Brazil Butt Lift Excercise After my Surgery?

I'm lean right now and I don't want to loose the body that I construct with all my effort? I need to know the moment that I can resume my excercises?

Exercise Regimen after Breast Augmentation

+3

I would not recommend strenuous exercise regimens such as those until 6 weeks after surgery.  As a bodybuilder, believe me I understand the constant need to workout.  My advice would be walking for maintenance as tolerated.  At four weeks, resume light lifting and toning exercises.  By six weeks, ease back into the strenuous programs.  The scar is strong by 6 weeks, and it is far more difficult to disrupt a scar at 6 weeks than at 2 or 3 weeks.

When I Can Resume my Exercise After my Surgery?

+2

It takes about 6 weeks for healing incisions to reach 90% of the  maximum strength that will be attained, so that is the time when limitations on activity are lifted by most surgeons. Your surgeon will probably permit and encourage you to walk as much as you wish starting on day 1. 

Lighter workouts that don't stress the incisions may be permitted sooner. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

P90X and breast augmentation

+2

Workouts like P90X are vigorous and I would not recommend my patients starting back into this routine for at least 6-8 weeks.  I love these workouts too! 

Resuming Activity after Surgery?

+2

It is commendable that you wish to return to exercise as soon as possible after surgery. Your plastic surgeon alone should be your resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedures performed.

He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care. Online consultants' advise here may be confusing (and even dangerous).

Breast augmentation recovery

+2

I will clear my patients to start exercise as tolerated 3-4 weeks after their surgery *gradually*   The key word here is gradually.  This means to slowly resume your exercise routines and advance in a step by step fashion.  Please talk to your PS about his/her specific recommendations.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Insanity workouts and Breast Augmentation?

+2

You should ask your surgeon what his recommendation is here, but most surgeons would limit your exercise routine until about 6 weeks from surgery, as long as there are no problems associated with your surgery.  Most surgeons would allow low levels of exercise before then though.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon